In every respect, Ellis Funeral Home maintains a tradition of personal attention to our families’ needs and individual desires. We offer professional direction of services, whether held in the funeral home, church, temple, synagogue, auditorium or cemetery. According to your desires, services in the funeral home can be held in the traditional manner or in private.
For Traditional Sympathy Blankets, please call Cottage Flowers at 1-260-426-3405 and our funeral home for Custom Sympathy Blankets at 1-260-422-6958.
Here are some specific services and amenities:
- Our staff to respond to the initial request for service.
- Arrangement conference with family or responsible party.
- Arrangement of funeral or memorial service.
- Procuring the death certificate and burial or cremation permit.
- Writing and placing death notices in newspaper.
- Ordering a burial vault or other outer receptacle.
- Seeing that cemetery arrangements are made and scheduled.
- Providing information for grave markers.
- Providing casket bier, flower and register stands, etc.
- Arranging for cremation, if desired.
- Publishing obituaries for newspapers.
- Providing escort services to the funeral and or memorial service.
- Arranging of floral arrangements at funeral or memorial services.
- Providing a memorial name plaque or photo, if desired.
- According to your needs, we offer limousine service for the family as well as hearse and flower car to the funeral and cemetery.
- Consult with your minister, priest, rabbi or reader in accordance with your faith and set a convenient time and provide the necessary information for the service.
- Consult with expert floral designers to be sure clients’ family’s wishes are fulfilled.
- Our staff will assist you in filling out and filing forms for Social Security, Veteran’s benefits, insurance, pensions, union benefits, etc. Of course, these matters are handled in the strictest confidence.
- We also have an in house notary public.
- Out-of-town arrangements – When death occurs outside of Fort Wayne, you can rely on Ellis Funeral Home to handle all the details. We have contacts throughout the United States. We can arrange services or burial according to your wishes. In this way we try to help you avoid duplication of effort, unnecessary expenses, anxiety and needless travel. We can arrange transportation for the deceased and escorts anywhere.
- We know that many times a death comes at a time when you, the survivors, are the least prepared financially. A funeral is not meant to become a financial burden for anyone.